Guest Services Staff
The Challenger Learning Center of Tallahassee is looking for Guest Services staff to facilitate the operations of the Center, including IMAX Theatre and Planetarium box office, concession stand and gift shop. As a member of the Challenger Learning Center’s Guest Services staff, you will be a part of the team that makes sure the Center runs smoothly so that every single guest enjoys their visit.
To apply to become a part of our Guest Services team, email your resume to JJ Hitzel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Level 2 background check is required
- Exceptional work ethic
- Commitment to customer satisfaction
- Must enjoy working as part of a team
Responsibilities of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Greet all guests entering the lobby and directing them to their seats in the theatres.
- Process all ticket sales for the IMAX Theatre and Planetarium.
- Answer guest services phone line and assist customers.
- Serve fresh and properly prepared food and beverages in the concession stand.
- Assist customers shopping for souvenirs in the gift shop.
- Prepare and count inventory for concession and gift shop items for resale.
$15/hr. Our Flight Directors run the Challenger Learning Center’s Space Mission Simulator . To apply to become a Flight Director, email your resume to JJ Hitzel at email@example.com.
- Must be available during the weekday during school hours (M-F, 8am-5pm with some public missions happening on weekends/nights)
- Must be comfortable posing for pictures or filming videos for social media
- Acting abilities are a plus
- Flight Directors are responsible for running, maintaining, and facilitating all Space Mission Simulator operations and materials
- Contact teachers and group leaders ahead of their scheduled mission with materials and tips for their classes, as well as ensures the class is ready with their documentation (such as student jobs) before they arrive
- Dress code involves wearing and maintaining an astronaut jumpsuit
- Multitask and troubleshoot equipment and issues while maintaining integrity of student experience and classroom management